Paoli Presbyterian Church is thrilled to be able to host our 4th annual benefit 5K… and this year – it’s virtual! Run or walk anytime, anywhere you choose the weekend of September 11th-13th!
All funds raised by this race will benefit CityTeam, a Christian ministry whose work serves those in need in Chester, PA.
Pandemics like coronavirus affect us all, but they typically hit hardest for those at the bottom of the economic and social ladder. Those who were already stretched thin may now be struggling just to survive. Paoli Presbyterian Church is proud to respond to this need by partnering with CityTeam. There was healthy demand for CityTeam’s services before coronavirus hit, but now demand is through the roof. All proceeds raised will go to support their work, including providing food for the hungry, supplies for new mothers, and providing rehabilitation services for those addicted to drugs and alcohol. To learn more about CityTeam, visit their website: www.cityteam.org/chester
People all around the country and world can participate. Invite your friends, family, co-workers, Facebook/Instagram friends, college roommates, and anyone who wants to have fun and help care for those served by CityTeam!
Because this race is virtual, the number of participants is limitless! $20 per person.
1. Register Below. Registrations will be accepted through Saturday, September 12 if you want to have your time counted. All registrants can pickup a special Paoli 5K t-shirt from the church on Friday, September 11 from 4:00-6:00pm. Out of town participants will have their shirts mailed to them. (However, please note that only those who registered by Saturday, August 22 at 6pm EST will receive their shirt prior to the race. Others will receive their shirts at a later date.)
2. Everybody's Welcome! People from all across the country and world are joining us! Consider asking your extended family and friends to join you to spend the day running, walking, or strolling to complete a 5K. You will you have fun and make great memories, and you'll be part of a community providing funds to further the ministry of CityTeam.
3. Share on Social Media. Join our Facebook Group, use #Paoli 5K and tag us (@paolipres on Instagram/Facebook) so we can cheer you on. Feel free to join the Facebook group here. We'll also be sharing your pictures and videos on our social media accounts leading up to and during the race! And you may even be featured during a weekend service at www.paolipres.org/worship
4. Make the Most of Your Race Day!
- Start training now; map out your route, and walk or run the course 2-3 times before race weekend.
- Use this time to pray for those in Chester, PA.
5. Track Your Run. There are many running apps out there that can help you track your distance, speed, and overall time (i.e. Strava or Runkeeper). Download one that looks best to you and test it out.
6. Complete the 5K and Submit Your Time. You can do complete your 5k at any point between 5am EST on Friday, September 11 and 5pm EST on Sunday, September 13 and submit your finishing time to firstname.lastname@example.org
The top 10 finishers will be posted on
social media on Monday, September 14!
*We cannot guarantee t-shirt delivery dates for international participants.
If you would like to donate to the Paoli 5K (all proceeds going to CityTeam) you can do so in the following ways...
Interested in Sponsoring the Race?
Sponsoring has closed, this year but you can still donate above!
Note: The Paoli 5K reserves the right to accept and decline sponsorships for any reason.