Paoli Presbyterian Church is thrilled to be able to host our 4th annual benefit 5K… and this year – it’s virtual! Run or walk anytime, anywhere you choose the weekend of September 11th-13th!
All funds raised by this race will benefit CityTeam, a Christian ministry whose work serves those in need in Chester, PA.
Pandemics like coronavirus affect us all, but they typically hit hardest for those at the bottom of the economic and social ladder. Those who were already stretched thin may now be struggling just to survive. Paoli Presbyterian Church is proud to respond to this need by partnering with CityTeam. There was healthy demand for CityTeam’s services before coronavirus hit, but now demand is through the roof. All proceeds raised will go to support their work, including providing food for the hungry, supplies for new mothers, and providing rehabilitation services for those addicted to drugs and alcohol.
People all around the country and world can participate. Invite your friends, family, co-workers, Facebook/Instagram friends, college roommates, and anyone who wants to have fun and help care for those served by Cityteam!
Sign up early! Through the generosity of our sponsors, we have raised money to bless the first 50 participants with pre-paid registration!
Because this race is virtual, the number of participants is limitless! After we've reached the first free 50 registrations, more people can join for $20 per person.
1. Register Below. Registrations will be accepted through Saturday, September 12 if you want to have your time counted. All registrants can pickup a special Paoli 5K t-shirt from the church on Friday, September 11 from 4:00-6:00pm. Out of town participants will have their shirts mailed to them. (However, please note that only those who registered by Saturday, August 22 at 6pm EST will receive their shirt prior to the race. Others will receive their shirts at a later date.)* We will have race bibs you can download to put on shirts, strollers, wheelchairs, and pets so everyone you pass can cheer you on and be part of the fun!
2. Everybody's Welcome! People from all across the country and world are joining us! Consider asking your extended family and friends to join you to spend the day running, walking, or strolling to complete a 5K. You will you have fun and make great memories, and you'll be part of a community providing funds to further the ministry of Cityteam.
3. Share on Social Media. Join our Facebook Group, use #Paoli 5K and tag us (@paolipres on Instagram/Facebook) so we can cheer you on. We'll also be sharing your pictures and videos on our social media accounts leading up to and during the race! And you may even be featured during a weekend service. (FB group link : https://www.facebook.com/groups/608453106719951)
4. Download Strava. We will use the running app, Strava, to track distance and times. Download the free Strava app and join ‘Paoli 5K" club to post your training times and final race time. (For some reason, I had to recreate the Strava club: https://www.strava.com/clubs/707483 )
5. Make the Most of Your Race Day!
- Start training now; map out your route, and walk or run the course 2-3 times before race weekend.
- Use this time to pray for those in Chester, PA.
6. Complete the 5K. You can do this at any point between 5am EST on Friday, September 11 and 5pm EST on Sunday, September 13.
The top 10 finishers will be posted on
social media on Monday, September 14!
*We cannot guarantee t-shirt delivery dates for international participants.
Interested in Sponsoring the Race?
Fill out the application here.
Note: The Paoli 5K reserves the right to accept and decline sponsorships for any reason.